As a result of our continuous growth, we have opportunities within our HNHB Banch for Enterostomal Therapy Registered Nurses. You will excel with us if you are registered with the College of Nurses, have a valid driver’s license and vehicle and bring a desire to work with a supportive and collaborative team.
As an essential member of the care team, you deliver nursing care in accordance with evidence-based practices and professional practice standards. Your well-developed judgment and skills will enable you to care for complex patients that have multiple care needs including wound management, IV therapy or an oncology diagnosis. You will confidently direct patient care and manage stressful situations with poise and professionalism.
To learn more about CarePartners, go to our website: http://carepartners.ca/careers/
Or follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carepartnersca/
- Functions as a member of an empowered nursing team that is accountable for the nursing care it provides, in accordance with current professional legislation and the guidelines and standards set out by the College of Nurses
- The nurse utilizes the forecast, assesses patient nursing needs, and patient preferences.
- The nurse assists the Clinical Assistant in booking patients, maintaining continuity of patient care; restocking of clinic rooms and reordering of the medical supplies for the clinic; and the greeting of patient
- The nurse interfaces with the physicians and other health care professionals with the authority to order controlled acts to acquire appropriate orders according to the Best Practice Guidelines as set out by the RNAO and other evidence-based protocols.
- The nurse carries a pager on a rotating basis and responds to pages promptly and appropriately
Abides by Care Plan
- The nurse develops a comprehensive plan of care that reflects evidence-based practice, patient-based goal(s) and outcomes, and the physician’s orders
- The nurse implements the nursing care plan in accordance with the policies and procedures of CarePartners, ensuring that the plan of care promotes fiscal responsibility and patient empowerment
- He/she utilizes effective teaching skills to promote patient decision-making and independence
- He/she delegates procedures to patients, caregivers and/or home support workers as described in the CNO document: Working with Unregulated Care Providers
- He/she evaluates the patient’s response to treatment and revises the care plan and goals as necessary in consultation with the patient, caregiver, physician and/or CCAC Case Manager
- The nurse teaches RPN’s skills as deemed appropriate and preceptors’ new nurses or student nurses during their placement
Documentation and Communication
- The nurse documents the assessment, goals and outcomes, nursing care plan, the care provided and the patient’s response using the documenting policies and procedures set out by the agency
- He/she communicates with the CCAC according to its standards
- The nurse collaborates with other health care team members to develop a comprehensive plan of care for multi-service patients, and participates in multi-disciplinary conferences as required
- The nurse regularly attends monthly team meetings and inservices
- He/she demonstrates initiative by continually upgrading his/her nursing scope of knowledge and skills through attendance at courses and workshops, and reading of professional journals
- He/she actively promotes and participates in the agency’s Quality Improvement Program, Accreditation process and Health and Safety Program
- The nurse may elect to sit on any of these committees as a staff representative
- Supports patient safety by practicing according to policy and standards.
- Participates in patient safety related education.
- Reports events where patient safety has been compromised and works with management to develop solutions to prevent similar events.
Qualifications and Position Requirements
- Graduate of the Canadian Association of Enterostomal Therapy Nursing Education Program (ETNEP) or equivalent.
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing program
- Current College of Nurses RN Certificate of Competence
- Proven computer skills, including e-mail, word processor, work scheduling systems
- Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written form and must be fluent in English.
Total Compensation and Benefits
Competitive compensation, flexible schedule, great team.
Specifics to be discussed at time of interview.