PSWs WANTED – CarePartners is currently seeking Personal Support Workers for an exciting career on one of our community based Personal Support Care Teams in Kinmount, Kirkfield, Coboconk, Ontario.
Our Personal Support Workers (PSWs) provide qualified assistance in time of need, promote independent safe/healthy living, and support the dignity of our patients. As a member of our Care Team, you will work collaboratively to meet or exceed the expectations of our patients and their family, by listening, understanding, and being responsive to their needs within the scope of the services we provide. Our efforts focus on the patient’s wellbeing and provide both support and socialization to enable them to live in their home for as long as safely possible. Our Personal Support Workers have a dedicated RN or RPN Supervisor whose primary role is to support and guide PSWs to be successful their chosen career.
Do you have one of the following qualifications (PSW, HCA, DSW, Personal Attendant, Personal Attendant +2, RN or RPN (licensed or retired class)? If so, you are eligible to apply for a rewarding career with CarePartners, one of the largest providers of Personal Support Home Health Care in Ontario.
CarePartners three day paid, comprehensive orientation is designed to prepare you for your work-life as a provider of professional, high quality home health care. All Personal Support Workers are provided with iPads to help track patient assignments, communicate with our office, and have access to patient information at your fingertips.
If you are a qualified PSW and interested in joining our team, please email your resume to Recruitment@CarePartners.ca
For additional information about CarePartners, please visit www.CarePartners.ca
For more information about CarePartners – Central East Branch please visit our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/CarePartnersCntE) or come in and speak with us to see how community health care can fit your lifestyle and career.
Immediate openings with bi-weekly orientations – APPLY NOW!! Recruitment@CarePartners.ca
- Provide assistance with routine activities of daily living related to the patient’s health, physical, emotional and mental wellbeing
- Provides assistance with personal care
- Provides assistance with a variety of household tasks
- Provides cognitive, social and/or emotional support
- Prepares nutritious, varied and economical meals and snacks, including special diets, as determined by the care plan, and uses proper food preparation, storage and hygiene practices
- Promotes a safe environment for both the patient and worker
- Utilizes proper body mechanics and transfer techniques in order to carry out safe lifts and/or transfers
Qualifications and Position Requirements
- PSW, HCA, DSW, Personal Attendant +2, RN or RPN (licensed or retired class) required
- Experience working with the vulnerable population in a community setting is an asset
- Available to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and alternate weekends, and statutory holidays.
- Must have a reliable vehicle
Total Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive wages PLUS Ministry of Health Wage Enhancement for government funded services.
- Flexibility in establishing work schedule. Full-time and Part-time positions available
- PLUS consideration is given to those with previous experience, which could mean a higher starting wage
- PLUS condensed geographical regions to minimize travel and maximize direct patient care time
- PLUS rate enhancement for evening and weekend patient assignments
- PLUS $0.37/km in travel
- PLUS travel time enhancement based on number of kilometres travelled
- PLUS vacation pay
- Electronic device (iPad) to view your patient services schedule in real time, GPS, electronic communication/documentation and access to patient information at your fingertips
- PLUS Health Benefits provided:
- Services include but not limited to Professional Services such as Dental, Vision, Physiotherapy, Naturopath, Orthotics as well as prescription drugs;
- Life Insurance; Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance;
- Out-of-Province/Canada Group Travel Medical Emergency Insurance;
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Extended Health Care benefits
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through LifeWorks
- Access to Perkopolis – Canadian’s Discount Program
- Paid Multi-day Orientation including in-class and in-field training
- Skills training – ongoing opportunities
- Supportive Leadership team
- 24/7 On-Call Support
- Service Milestone Recognition Program
- PLUS much more….