Personal Support Workers WANTED – As a result of our continuous growth, we have opportunities within our Waterloo Wellington branch for NEW and EXPERIENCED Personal Support Workers (internal reference: Community Support Worker or CSW). We are looking for energetic and dedicated Personal Support Workers to help clients in our community, with activities of daily living related to patient’s health physical, emotional and mental wellbeing.
Our Personal Support Workers (PSWs) provide qualified assistance in time of need, promote independent safe/healthy living, and support the dignity of our patients. As a member of our Care Team, you will work collaboratively to meet or exceed the expectations of our patients and their family, by listening, understanding, and being responsive to their needs within the scope of the services we provide. Our efforts focus on the patient’s wellbeing and provide both support and socialization to enable them to live in their home for as long as safely possible. Our Personal Support Workers have a dedicated RN or RPN Personal Support Manager whose primary role is to support and guide PSWs to be successful their chosen career.
CarePartners three day paid, comprehensive orientation is designed to prepare you for your work-life as a provider of professional, high quality home health care. All Personal Support Workers are provided with Blackberries phones to help track patient assignments, communicate with our office, and have access to patient information at your fingertips.
Here are the top 5 reasons to work at CarePartners:
- Our supportive leadership team cares about you
- Our focus is on providing excellent patient care
- The mobile technology we provide improves the effectiveness of your work life
- Diverse work assignments foster your professional growth
- Work-life balance is important to us and we provide flexible hours
To learn more about CarePartners, go to our website: http://carepartners.ca/careers/
Or follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carepartnersca/
- Provides personal care to the client
- Utilizes proper body mechanics and transfer techniques in order to carry out safe lifts and/or transfers
- Provides cognitive, social and/or emotional support to the client
- Provides assistance with a variety of household tasks
- Prepares nutritious, varied and economical meals and snacks, including special diets, as determined by the care plan, and uses proper food preparation, storage and hygiene practices
- Promotes a safe environment for both the client and worker
Qualifications and Position Requirements
- Experience working with the vulnerable population, in a community setting
- Available for non-traditional hours, including evenings and alternate weekends
- Access to transportation/vehicle
- PSW certificate or one of the following HSW certificate, HCA certificate, DSW diploma or Nursing students who have completed first year nursing.
Total Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive wages PLUS Ministry of Health Wage Enhancement
- Flexibility in establishing work schedule
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through LifeWorks
- Access to Perkopolis (Canadian’s Discount Program)
- Paid multi-day orientation, including in-class and in-field training
- Skills training (ongoing opportunities)
- Supportive Leadership team
- 24/7 On-Call Support
- Service Milestone Recognition Program
More specifics details on compensation and benefits to be discussed at time of interview.