Carepartners HNHB branch is currently accepting applications from personal support workers for part-time positions in Welland.
Those applicants who are selected must meet the minimum requirement of 20 hours a week availability.
Our Personal Support Workers (PSWs) provide qualified assistance in time of need, promote independent safe/healthy living, and support the dignity of our patients. As a member of our Care Team, you will work collaboratively to meet or exceed the expectations of our patients and their family, by listening, understanding, and being responsive to their needs within the scope of the services we provide. Our efforts focus on the patient’s wellbeing and provide both support and socialization to enable them to live in their home for as long as safely possible. Our Personal Support Workers have a dedicated RN or RPN Supervisor whose primary role is to support and guide PSWs to be successful their chosen career.
Do you have one of the following qualifications (PSW, HCA, DSW, Personal Attendant, Personal Attendant +2, RN or RPN (licensed or retired class)? If so, you are eligible to apply for a rewarding career with CarePartners, one of the largest providers of Personal Support Home Health Care in Ontario.
CarePartners four day paid, comprehensive orientation is designed to prepare you for your work-life as a provider of professional, high quality home health care.
All Personal Support Workers are provided with android phones to help track patient assignments, communicate with our office, and have access to patient information at your fingertips.
- Provide assistance with routine activities of daily living related to the patient’s health, physical, emotional and mental wellbeing
- Provides assistance with personal care
- Provides assistance with a variety of household tasks
- Provides cognitive, social and/or emotional support
- Prepares nutritious, varied and economical meals and snacks, including special diets, as determined by the care plan, and uses proper food preparation, storage and hygiene practices
- Promotes a safe environment for both the patient and worker
- Utilizes proper body mechanics and transfer techniques in order to carry out safe lifts and/or transfers
Qualifications and Position Requirements
- PSW, HCA, DSW, Personal Attendant +2, RN or RPN (licensed or retired class) required
- Experience working with the vulnerable population in a community setting is an asset
- Available to work non-traditional hours, including evenings and alternate weekends, and statutory holidays.
Must have a reliable vehicle
Total Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive wages PLUS Ministry of Health Wage Enhancement ($14.57+$1.93 = $16.50/hour)
- PLUS condensed geographical regions to minimize travel and maximize direct patient care time
- PLUS $0.37/km in travel
- PLUS vacation pay
- Electronic device to view your patient services schedule in real time, GPS, electronic communication/documentation and access to patient information at your fingertips
- PLUS Health Benefits provided:
- Services include but not limited to Professional Services such as Dental, Vision, Physiotherapy, Naturopath, Orthotics as well as prescription drugs;
- Life Insurance; Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance;
- Out-of-Province/Canada Group Travel Medical Emergency Insurance;
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, and Extended Health Care benefits
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through LifeWorks
- Access to Perkopolis – Canadian Discount Program
- Paid Multi-day Orientation including in-class and in-field training
- Skills training – ongoing opportunities
- Supportive Leadership team
- 24/7 On-Call Support
- Service Milestone Recognition Program
- PLUS much more….
- *More information available upon request at interview