Our employees are our most valuable resource and are the embodiment of how we deliver unparalleled service to our patients. We are always looking to welcome passionate and talented individuals to the CarePartners team.
Here are the top 5 reasons to work at CarePartners:
- Our supportive leadership team cares about you
- Our focus is on providing excellent patient care
- The mobile technology we provide improves the effectiveness of your work life
- Diverse work assignments foster your professional growth
- Work-life balance is important to us and we provide flexible hours
As a result of our continuous growth, we have opportunities within our Waterloo Wellington branch for NEW and EXPERIENCED Personal Support Workers (internal reference: Community Support Worker). We are looking for energetic and dedicated Personal Support Workers to help clients in our community, with activities of daily living. This position requires someone to perform special functions under the Supervision of a RN or RPN/Supervisor.
To learn more about CarePartners, go to our website: http://carepartners.ca/careers/
Or follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carepartnersca/
- Provides personal care to the client
- Utilizes proper body mechanics and transfer techniques in order to carry out safe lifts and/or transfers
- Provides cognitive, social and/or emotional support to the client
- Provides assistance with a variety of household tasks
- Prepares nutritious, varied and economical meals and snacks, including special diets, as determined by the care plan, and uses proper food preparation, storage and hygiene practices
- Promotes a safe environment for both the client and worker
Qualifications and Position Requirements
- Experience working with the vulnerable population, in a community setting
- Available for non-traditional hours, including evenings and alternate weekends
- Access to transportation/vehicle
- PSW certificate or one of the following HSW certificate, HCA certificate, DSW diploma or Nursing students who have completed first year nursing.
Total Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive wages PLUS Ministry of Health Wage Enhancement
- Flexibility in establishing work schedule
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through LifeWorks
- Access to Perkopolis (Canadian’s Discount Program)
- Paid multi-day orientation, including in-class and in-field training
- Skills training (ongoing opportunities)
- Supportive Leadership team
- 24/7 On-Call Support
- Service Milestone Recognition Program
More specifics details on compensation and benefits to be discussed at time of interview.