The positions available are for Team Coordinator – CASUAL EMPLOYMENT (evenings and weekends) – entry level.
CarePartners is dedicated to helping individuals in the community maintain their independence despite illness, injury, disability or age. Our Nursing Team Coordinators ensure that a Patient’s care services are arranged to meet their needs and ensure they have a positive care experience with our organization in accordance within the CarePartners mission, vision and values, established policies and procedures, relevant legislation, government guidelines, the Collective Agreement and local contact requirements.
CarePartners is accredited by Accreditation Canada with Exemplary Standing and is also a Best Practice Spotlight Organization. As one of the largest Personal Support and Nursing Providers in Ontario we employ over 7,500 health care professionals in Ontario.
Our Care Teams have been providing exceptional patient care since 1968 and have achieved patient satisfaction survey scores of 96% “willingness to recommend” and 96% overall “Quality of Care Provided”. Our success is due to the high caliber of professional staff we employ.
To learn more about the Central East Branch of CarePartners, please visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/CarePartners.CentralEast
Our office is located in Oshawa.
- Accurately able to follow established processes to schedule/coordinate Nursing Services in the community setting.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all patients, family, and staff.
- Directly interacts with Patients and front line Nursing staff to coordinate patient services on a daily basis.
- Develops and distributes Patient centered service schedules and keeps the Care Team advised of any changes in a timely manner
- Use critical and creative problem solving ability to organize and resolve schedules to be efficient and fiscally responsible.
- Ensures to follow the scheduling practices as outlined by company policy
- Accurately and efficiently enters all relevant Patient and front line staff information (both live and recorded) into the organizations software.
- Enters service hours and adjustments to the system for both the Patient and front line staff
- Verifies integrity of data is maintained in accordance to company policies and makes corrections as necessary.
- Produces schedules and reports on a regular basis, and upon request of the Team Lead or Nurse Manager.
- Records all communications and consequent actions in appropriate fields/locations.
- Responds to funder reporting requirements as required.
- Provides reports to appropriate professionals regarding patient and Personal Support status.
- Collaborates with accounting to ensure accurate and timely billing and payroll functions.
- Provides support and general direction to front line Nurse staff, as appropriate.
- Receives inquiries from patients and Nurse staff with regards to scheduling practices and redirects to appropriate professional.
- Advises appropriate Nurse Manager within the local branch of existing and anticipated staffing needs
- Provides administrative support to the team
- Provides reception/switchboard coverage, as required.
- Processes faxes, photocopying and electronic mail.
- Other duties as assigned, as required
Qualifications and Position Requirements
- Minimum qualifications for this position are one to two years of post-secondary education and one to three years of job related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays is required
- Must live in Oshawa or surrounding area
- Administrative skills and the ability to be systematic, organized is essential.
- Exceptional Customer Services and professional demeanor
- Solid decision making, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities
- Candidates must be possess advanced computer data entry abilities with both keying and mouse interface
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism
- Experience in coordination Patient services in the home care setting is an asset
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English (written and oral)
Total Compensation and Benefits
Competitive compensation, flexible schedule, great team.
Specifics to be discussed at time of interview.