We are currently looking for someone to join our management team in the role of Nurse Manager within our HNHB Branch. The position would require flexibility as schedules may change. The Nurse Manager is responsible for ensuring that the performance of the visiting nurses and shift nurses meets the standards of the nursing agency, the CCAC and the College of Nurses of Ontario. The NM may organize and develop educational vehicles to meet staff learning needs (i.e. in-services, education, orientation, clinical support visits etc.). This position works closely with the partnered Nurse Managers, sharing management tasks as appropriate.
As a member of the senior management team, you will be accountable for the administration, organization and management of Community Nursing teams ensuring the achievement of service standards and financial targets. These responsibilities shall be carried out in accordance with company policies, procedures, mission, vision and applicable legislation.
To learn more about CarePartners, go to our website: http://carepartners.ca/careers/
Or follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carepartnersca/
- Provides professional and clinical leadership to direct report nursing staff (both visiting and shift nursing) in the division
- As required, acts as a liaison between staff and the College of Nurses of Ontario regarding standards of practice etc.
- Is a self-directed leader who is able to work closely with others as well as independently, if required
- Ensure qualified and adequate staffing to facilitate appropriate care in a fiscally responsible manner
- Ensure a functioning system for staff to fill in vacant shifts when necessary
- Translate strategic goals into practical actions
- Conduct objective and constructive performance reviews including clinical reviews as scheduled
- Functions as a pivotal communicator in the agency, acting as a direct link between nursing staff and all other members of management
- Actively facilitates communication between nursing staff, management team members and all customer and client groups
- Is responsible, in conjunction with senior management, for cost management within the division
- Demonstrates consideration and awareness of financial costs
- Participates in the managers’ on 24 hour/7day call rotation for the designated geographic area by carrying a pager and responding to pages promptly and appropriately
- Identifies, monitors and problem solves around issues of productivity
- Is actively involved with all safety and quality issues in the division and agency
- Actively promotes and participates in the agency’s Continuous Quality Improvement Program and Risk Management Program
- Is responsible for both short term and long range planning for the division
- Will demonstrate flexibility and ability to carry forward long term projects as well as deal with daily issues and crises
- Demonstrates initiative by creatively solving problems and actively looking for innovative solutions
- Perform other related work as assigned
Qualifications and Position Requirements
- Graduation from an approved Registered Nursing Program
- Current College of Nurses RN Certificate of Competence
- Proven computer skills, including email, word processing, work scheduling systems
- Able to review clinical work according to professional standards and practice guidelines
- Current CPR Certification
- Regular travel is required
Total Compensation and Benefits
Competitive compensation, flexible schedule, great team.
Specifics to be discussed at time of interview.