To meet our growing need for professional caregivers in Chatham and surrounding communities, CarePartners is offering a paid opportunity to receive the education and skills needed to work in the community as a Home Support Worker (HSW).
Our next Home Support Worker Training Program will run from February 7 – February 22, 2018 in Chatham. Training includes:
- 11 days of paid in-class education with practical application (9:00 AM – 4:00 PM)
- 24 hours of job shadowing with a Personal Support Worker preceptor
- Once training is complete, all new employees complete 3 days of company orientation
Home Support Workers (HSWs) provide professional and compassionate care in homes and residences in the community. CarePartners HSWs assist patients and families with a variety of daily activities, allowing them to live life to the fullest, with dignity and independence:
- Meal planning, safe food preparation and storage, oral feeding
- Basic home maintenance and housekeeping
- Assisting with use of walkers and canes, transfers from bed, chair, wheelchair, toilet, etc.
- Rising and retiring – Dressing and putting on shoes, brushing hair, teeth, shaving, etc.
- Personal care – Assisting with bathing, showering, toileting, sponge and foot baths, etc.
- Socializing and companionship for those in need of cognitive and emotional support
Qualifications and Position Requirements
- Ongoing skills training opportunities – our focus is on providing excellent patient care
- 24/7 On-Call Support – our supportive leadership team cares about you!
- Work life balance is important to us and we provide flexible hours
- The mobile technology we provide improves the effectiveness of your work life
- Diverse work assignments foster your professional growth
- Paid mileage AND travel time …and more!
Total Compensation and Benefits
- Extended Group Health Benefits
- Uniform Allowance
- Employee Assistance Program
If you have experience providing care and support to others in need and have flexible availability to work a variety of shifts (early mornings, evenings, and alternate weekends), you may be a great fit for our program – we would love to hear from you!
CarePartners welcomes applicants from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available throughout the hiring process upon request.