As a result of our continuous growth, we have opportunities within our HNHB Niagara region for a Nurse Continence Advisor. You will excel with us if you are registered with the College of Nurses, have a valid driver’s license and vehicle and bring a desire to work with a supportive and collaborative team.
As an essential member of the care team, you will use your advanced expertise as an NCA to conduct assessments of clients with urinary and fecal incontinence in the community and to provide teaching and counselling to clients and caregivers to support them in the management of bladder and bowel issues. Working in a consultative role you will work closely with all members of the multidisciplinary health care team to implement evidence based care.
To learn more about CarePartners, go to our website: http://carepartners.ca/careers/
Or follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carepartnersca/
- Work in a consultative role in the community providing advanced expertise in conservative methods to manage urinary and fecal incontinence
- Utilize a structured assessment tool focused on bowel and bladder management for each client
- Conduct a physical assessment of each client (bladder scanner provided by CarePartners)
- Develop client centred goals with the client and an evidence based plan of care
- Guide the client, caregiver and health care team in the implementation of the careplan
- Provide teaching to the client and caregiver using principles of self-management
- Participate in program development and quality monitoring when required
- Develop/utilize best-practice protocols and care maps as a member of the multidisciplinary team
Qualifications and Position Requirements
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing program
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Certificate from the McMaster Nurse Continence Advisor Program
- Experience working as a Nurse Continence Advisor in the previous year or recent graduate from NCA program
- Proven computer skills, including e-mail, word processor, work scheduling systems Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written form and must be fluent in English
- Must have a reliable vehicle and driver’s licence; Travel around Grey and Bruce Counties is required
Total Compensation and Benefits
CarePartners offers a competitive compensation program, a variety of on-site-in service training, along with a comprehensive benefits package, paid vacation, and the opportunity for professional growth! Come in and speak with us to see how community health care can fit your lifestyle and career goals!