Thank you to all applicants in advance, however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
CarePartners welcomes applicants from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available throughout the hiring process upon request.
CarePartners is one of the largest home health care providers in Ontario and provides services for all 14 LHINs and for patients across Ontario in homes, schools, clinics, retirement homes and long-term care facilities. Our 4,500 employees include personal support workers, therapists, and nurses. As a progressive and creative organization, CarePartners is proud to be a leader in developing innovative programs to meet the changing needs of our patients and the health care system.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the Personal Support Management team. The Operations Manager will provide professional knowledge and support to the Personal Support Management team in the daily operations of patient services, case management, human resources and claims management in accordance with the Personal Support Worker team, mission statement, established policies and procedures, relevant legislation, government guidelines, the Collective Agreement and local contract requirements. This position works closely with the branch Director. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A TEMPORARY FULL TIME CONTRACT TO COVER AN 12-18 MONTH MATERNITY LEAVE.
To learn more about CarePartners, go to our website: http://carepartners.ca/careers/
Or follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carepartnersca/
- Coaches and supports Personal Support Managers in problem-solving to resolve patient complaints and concerns appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Reviews service audits and administrative procedures in order to make improvement recommendations.
- Develops consistent workflow routines to support patient service satisfaction.
- Encourages team approach to problem solving and the development of practices to improve service functioning.
- Oversees special projects, as assigned.
- Provides coverage in absence of a Manager.
Quality and Risk Management:
- Ensures that service standards and procedures for patient services are met through supervision and Quality Management (QM) and Risk Management policies and practices.
- Reviews QM issues through Reportable Events Documentation (REDs) and advises Manager and Supervisors of risk situations.
- Ensures that Personal Support Managers maintain appropriate and timely documentation (i.e. REDs) of events and issues.
- Monitors patient service with respect to adherence to standards and procedures and emergency policy issues.
- Identifies issues and trends and initiates corrective action.
Human Resources Management:
- Ensures consistent and standardized human resources management through support and guidance to the Management team.
- Trains, supervises and evaluates members of the Personal Support Management team.
- Assists Management with recruitment efforts, as needed (i.e. completing interviews and submitting appropriate documentation to Human Resources).
- Ensures consistency in the way that Community Support Workers (CSWs) and support staff are recruited, hired, trained and oriented.
- Monitors management compliance with employment legislation, CarePartners policies and practices, service contracts, ESA, Ontario 2000 and the Collective Agreement (if applicable).
- Supports and evaluates management in managing all staff performance issues.
- Identifies and conducts training and development opportunities to enable members of the Personal Support Management team and support staff to attain program goals.
- Evaluates training activities and recommends improvement changes, as required.
- Facilitates an environment where diversity is valued through training programs and identifies/removes systems barriers.
Occupational Health and Safety:
- Oversees Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) through support to Managers in OH&S and Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB) claims management.
- Reviews Supervisor Accident Investigation Reports (SAIR) for accuracy, trends, and risk and training issues.
- Ensures that members of the management team conduct appropriate reporting and follow-up investigation for management of WSIB claims.
- Assists Managers in facilitating modified work opportunities.
- In consultation with the Corporate OH&S department, implements preventative Health and Safety programs.
- Communicates regularly with the Human Resources Consultant, OH&S.
- Complies with and understands the Occupational Health and Safety legislation and practices.
Internal and External Communication:
- Operational liaison with major purchasers/funders and other community agencies.
- Communicates regularly with funders and other service providers to discuss their satisfaction with service delivery, any concerns and case management issues.
- Actively participates on internal and external committees and in community functions (i.e. community advisory committees/boards, workshops, job/health fairs, provider meetings).
- Continually improves professional development (i.e. reading educational material from the College of Nurses, attending workshops and seminars).
- Contributes to a healthy and safe working environment. Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications and Position Requirements
The minimum qualifications for this job are community college diploma/degree in Health Care/Human Resources field and between three to six (3-6) years of job-related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Graduate of an approved Nursing program
- Current College of Nurses Registered Nurse (RN/RPN) Certificate of Competence preferred
- Case management skills are an asset.
- Experience in Human Resources management and related legislation is an asset.
- Working knowledge of MS Office software application is required.
- Knowledge of the Patient Information Management System software is an asset.