Thank you to all applicants in advance, however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
CarePartners welcomes applicants from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available throughout the hiring process upon request.
Ensures that service coordination related to or between client service and Community Support
Worker (CSW) availability within a designated geographical are performed in accurate and
efficient manner in accordance with the CarePartners mission, vision and values,
established policies and procedures, relevant legislation, government guidelines, the Collective
Agreement and local contract requirements.
The below noted tasks are to be completed in a manner which builds the business and meets the
strategic needs of the organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides client/CSW service coordination on a daily basis.
• Develops and distributes client/CSW service schedule and informs CSWs via telephone or
voicemail of changes to schedules.
• Receives notification from CSWs of factors affecting re-assignment of clients.
• Receives routine referrals/intake information from Funders and private clients.
• Assesses availability and appropriateness of CSWs for routine assignment referring to service
agreements and contracts, policies and procedures and the collective agreement (if
• Reports any unresolved service coordination difficulties to immediate Supervisor/Manager or
local branch Supervisor, as appropriate.
• Enters all relevant client and CSW information (both live and recorded) into the Client
Information Management System (CIMS).
• Enters service hours and adjustments to the system for both the client and CSW.
• Verifies integrity of data and makes corrections as necessary.
• Produces schedules and reports on a regular basis, and upon request of the
• Records all communications and consequent actions in appropriate fields/locations.
• Responds to funder reporting requirements as required.
• Communicates regularly with clients/caregivers, CSWs, funders and various CHS departments
(i.e. Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology)
• Provides reports to appropriate professionals regarding client and CSW status.
• Collaborates with accounting to ensure accurate and timely billing and payroll functions.
• Provides support and general direction to CSWs, as appropriate.
• Receives concerns from clients and CSWs with regards to scheduling practices and redirects
to appropriate professional.
• Advises appropriate Supervisor within the local branch of existing and anticipated staffing
• Documents all communications and subsequent actions in appropriate field/location within
• Provides reception/switchboard coverage, as required.
• Processes faxes, photocopying and electronic mail.
• Distributes staff mailings, as required.
*Performs other duties as required.
FREEDOM OF ACTION
• Will be expected to work in a team and individual setting
• Non-traditional hours, including evenings and weekends are required.
Effort (Mental & Physical):
• Working conditions are normal for an office environment
• Lifting or moving up to 10lbs may be required
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
• Communicating using multiple electronic devices (i.e. phone, email, fax, computer and internal
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Minimum qualifications for this position are one to two years of post-secondary education and
one to three years of job related experience, or equivalent combination of education and
• Strong proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft office, with proven skills in Word and Excel
• Keen attention to detail, ability to prioritize, multitasking skills and organizational skills
• Experience in customer service is an asset
• Experience in the health care field an asset
Teamwork – work cooperatively with others throughout the organization to achieve organizational
goals; contribute to the professional environment by encouraging sharing of responsibilities and tasks
Communication – effective verbal and written communication, active listening and understanding are
also important components; integrity is core to the business
Customer Service - Strong orientation toward customer needs, and ability to facilitate and develop
customer focused solutions
Organization/Multi-tasking – Strong organizational skills are necessary. The ability to provide
insight and oversee a number of different activities at once, prioritize your day effectively
Diplomacy/Confidentiality – At the heart of our organization, confidentiality is always required.
Whether dealing with an associate, a client or internal staffing issues. Have the ability to be impartial
and offer solutions, while respecting others privacy and remaining confidential at all times
Accountability and Dependability – Takes pride in their work and holds themselves accountable to
the highest standard, serving as a role model for the division. Remains focused and maximizes
production ensuring timelines are met utilizing effective communication skills, keeping parties
apprised of relevant information
Collaboration- Ability to promote collaboration among colleagues within a dynamic team